Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Steampunk Writing Prompts #3: More Opening Lines

Here are some more opening lines to help inspire your steampunk story:

1.   "Good automatons are so hard to find these days," complained the Duchess of Mulberry as the auto-maid shuffled past her guests.

2.  Julian returned to the Diogenes Club, raygun in hand.  

3.  "There must be some mistake," said the young man, frowning as he took the silver pocketwatch from the lawyer's hand.  "Uncle George always told me my inheritance would be priceless."

4.   "They boarded an airship together this morning," Clara sobbed.
  
5. Barnabus stroked his beard with his mechanical hand.  His sister's perpetual motion machine surely must be a fake, but after studying it for hours, he had yet to discover its secret.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks again! I enjoy these so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be a pest, but my friend and I would love it if you wrote these as a normal thing. Maybe not everyday, but definitely sometime during each month? We (maicey and me) love these so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for the positive feedback! I will try to post Steampunk Opening lines the first of every month, starting October 1st.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! Thank you SOOO much!! Seriously, these are so helpful. You have no idea how grateful I am for these. Thank you for your time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You spelled "automata" incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts.