Sunday, January 13, 2013

Steampunk Writing Prompts and First Lines


More steampunk lines to inspire you:


  1. Ever since his eighteenth birthday, Jack had a reoccurring dream about dying in a dirigible crash.  Now it seemed his nightmare was about to come true.

  1. “I can’t possibly go to the Debutante’s Ball looking like this,” Amelia lamented, pointing in the mirror at the spots of rust on her wings.  

  1. She had always wanted to see a real clockwork unicorn before, but not like this     . 

  1. The device arrived Museum of Anachronism last Tuesday, but none of the curators knew where it came from, or what it was meant to do. 

  1. Her fiancĂ© paled.  “Are you saying your father was a sky pirate?”   

4 comments:

  1. Not only are is your site and prompts inspiring for teen, but as a...grandma, I love the prompts!
    They inspire me to start stories, short ones that make me want to sit down at the old pc and let my imagination just go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 26, 2013

    it's been a while since you've posted anything. February, i believe. is everything alright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment - I didn't know so much time had passed! I keep meaning to post some more writing prompts but I wasn't sure if anyone was reading anymore. Is it steampunk prompts that you are interested in, or any kinds? I will try to post some more on the weekend.

      Delete
  3. You spelled "recurring" wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts.