Saturday, May 05, 2012

Free Dystopian Writing Prompts and Story Ideas: Part 3

Are you trying to write your own dystopian story?  Here are some more suggested first lines for inspiration:

1.  "I love the smell of rotting corpses in the morning," joked Cal, but none of us laughed.

2.  Mr. Bennett taught us that anyone was capable of murder - it was just a matter of finding the right circumstances.  Or rather the wrong ones. And now I've found mine.    

3.  The boat had enough food and water for three people to make it to the island.  Problem was, there were four of us.

4.  I had never known darkness.  Every room in the complex was always lit, even during the night, but now all I could see was black.  I thought I was blind at first, but then I heard the others crying.  And then the screams.

5.   I only wanted to see him one last time.  But when I opened the door and the alarm sounded, I knew my foolishness would cost me everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.