Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Book Pick: "Waterfall" (Book 1, River of Time Series) by Lisa T. Bergren

In Lisa Bergren's first young adult novel, "Waterfall", an ordinary teen, Gabi Betarrini, accidentally travels back in time to sixteenth-century Italy.

Caught in the middle of a war, she is desperate to find her sister, Lia, who time-travelled with her.  Fortunately she is taken under the protection of a handsome young lord and knight named Marcello.  She can't help falling in love with him, but not only are they from different times, but he is already betrothed.

Although I enjoyed the book, at times it really put my ability to suspend disbelief to the test, and I'm not referring to the means of time travel, which I found credible (I can't say more without giving spoilers).      

If you love historical romances with plenty of girl power, this is definitely a must-read, which is why despite its flaws, I'm rating this book four Italian vacations out of five.

If you enjoyed "Waterfall", you won't want to miss the next books, "Cascade" and "Torrent", which have already been released.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.