Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dystopian Writing Prompts: Dystopian Novel Starts to Inspire You to Write Your Dystopian Novel

Want to write a dystopian novel but don't know where to start?  Here are some opening lines to inspire you:

1.  Funny how everyone says that was the day the world ended, when it was the beginning of mine. 

2.  Sometimes I forget the Wall did not always surround the town.  

3.  Decapitating a zombie is a lot harder than it looks on tv.  

4. When I was six, I used to have nightmares that my house burned down, and I cried and cried because all my toys were lost forever.  But now that it has - along with half the city - I feel relieved somehow.

5.  There were twelve of us in the beginning.

6.  If there's one thing I want to do before I die, it's to tell her I'm sorry.  

7.  I passed the test.  My twin didn't.  And now I'll never see him again.

8.  There had to be others who were immune like me.

Like these prompts?  Add a comment if you want more, or if you have some of your own.




3 comments:

  1. Congrats Jennifer! You have won the coveted "Versatile Blogger" award. Please accept your award at http://anirishpatel.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I just posted three new prompts at: http://kissesgrim.blogspot.ca/2015/08/dystopian-writing-prompts-new-teen.html

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.