Monday, January 23, 2012

Celebrating the Year of the Dragon

In celebration of 2012 being the Year of the Dragon in the Chinese calendar, why not read a book featuring dragons?  What dragon books do you recommend?  Some of my suggestions are as follows:

1.  "Here, There Be Dragons" by James A. Owen.  This is a must-read if you are a fan of "Peter Pan", "The Chronicles of Narnia" and "The Lord of the Rings".

2."Dragon's Blood"  by Jane Yolen.  This is the first book in "The Pit Dragon Chronicles" and I loved it so much I've read it twice.

3.  "The White Dragon" by Anne McCaffrey.  It's been a long time since I've read this book, but maybe I'll reread it to see if it is as good as I remember.

4. "Flight of the Dragon Kyn" by Susan Fletcher.  I haven't read this yet, but based on the reviews it sounds like it is worth a look.

Click on the covers to learn more:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.